Athy Civic Amenity Centre, Gallows Hill, Athy, Co. Kildare,
Please ring ahead to find out if Man with a Van services are permitted into this Recycle centre. Only Man with a Van services with valid permits are allowed to move recycled materials. When using www.vanquotes.ie choose the "recycle" option in the job type when filling out the form. This should direct your request for quotes only to those Van services with waste permits. Please note Vans that are permitted into recycle centres are subject to different billing than domestic users of recycling centres. Please ask the Man with a Van about the costs he will incur for your load.
€2.25 per car
€4.50 for car and trailer / van / 4×4.
The only exception will be vehicles that are carrying electrical goods only as there can be no charge on these items.
What is the Civic Amenity Centre?
The Civic Amenity Centre, custom-built site where householders can bring a wide range of materials for recycling or disposal where necessary. The Civic Amenity Centre is operated and managed by Oxigen Environmental.
Where is the Civic Amenity Centre?
Travelling into Athy, on the N9, from Kilcullen/Naas direction:
- Turn right at King Oil, down the small avenue next to the forecourt of the service station.
- KCC Athy Roads Depot at bottom of avenue,
- Athy Civic Amenity Centre to the right.
How is the centre used?
There is a separate container or skip for each type of material at the Civic Amenity Centre. All materials must be segregated. Remember that wet or dirty material can contaminate other dry recyclables. When this happens nothing can be recycled, and the whole load has to be sent to landfill for disposal.
Points to remember:
- Electrical goods are free of charge
- Recyclables should be clean and dry; no food waste, dirt, or waste products.
- All food and detergent containers should be washed out thoroughly; food waste attracts pests, and detergents may be harmful to other people.
- Boxes, cartons and tetra-pak must be flattened before depositing in their designated skips.
- All plastic and polystyrene must be separated from cardboard.
- Make sure you put the correct material in the correct container.
1. Wood: Garden, Hardwood Flooring, Doors
2. Bulky Items: Furniture, Carpets
3. General Waste: Domestic refuse
4. Soil, Stones: Bricks, Paving, Concrete, Soil
5. Metals: Bicycles, Scrap Metal, Radiators
6. Green Garden Waste: Grass, Hedge Clippings, Plants
7. Gas Cylinders: Place all cylinders upright
8. Fire Extinguishers: Must be discharged
9. Waste Oils: Cooking Oil, Motor Oil
10. Household Hazardous Waste Paint, Old Medicine, Strippers/Thinners, Detergents/Bleaches
Domestic Recyclables (Car €2.25, Car and Trailer / Van / Jeep €4.50)
|Paper||Newspapers, office paper, junk mail, phone books, magazines||Plastic wrapping, glossy covers, plastic envelope windows|
|Cardboard||Clean cardboard||Wet or dirty cardboard|
|Plastic||Drink bottles, shampoo, HDPE, PETE||Yoghurt, butter tubs, cling film, meat trays, wrappers, polystyrene, (grades 3, 5, & 6)|
|Packing||Plastic bags, heavy duty wrapping LDPE|
|Cans||Drink, food||Liquid or food residue|
|Glass||Clear, brown/blue, green bottles/jars||Pyrex, crockery, window glass, drink glasses|
|Clothing||Re-wearable clothes and accessories||Torn or soiled clothing|
|Textiles||Blankets, curtains, bed linen||Duvets, pillows, carpets|
|Tetra Pak||Milk, juice, soup cartons, flattened||Food/residue, non-flattened|
|Lighting||Strip lighting, energy saver bulbs|
|Batteries||Car, mobile phone, household appliance batteries|
The Centre operates a “Pay by Weight” system, as outlined below -
Waste for Land filling €223/Tonne (charge €6.36)
Plastics of Categories 3, 5 & 6
Non Separated & Segregated Recyclables
Non Landfilling Waste €223/Tonne (charge €6.36)
Commercial Recyclables €102/Tonne
Plastics of Categories 1, 2 & 4 only
Aluminum & Metal Cans
Domestic Recyclables €102/Tonne)
Waste Oil (Placed into oil tank provided & oil can placed into adjoining bin)
Car Batteries (Placed into Battery Box provided)
Flat Glass (Placed into Skip provided)
Greyboard (Cornflake Boxes etc.)
Magazines (Wrappers removed)
Plastics of Categories 1, 2, & 4 only (Placed into appropriate Bins)
Glass Bottles (Placed into appropriate bins)
Aluminum Cans (Placed into container provided)
Metal Cans (Cleaned and placed into container provided)
Clothes (Placed into container provided)
These prices are inclusive of Landfill Levy, where applicable.
We regret that we cannot take large commercial vehicles, under condition 5.1.1 of our EPA Waste Licence 175 – 1. These large commercial vehicles can be accommodated at Silliot Hill Integrated Waste Management Facility, in Kilcullen, where the same weight charges as outlined above apply.
Before calling a Man with a Van check out our hints and tips to make life easy.
Instead of throwing something out, How about giving to charity?
There are plenty of places to sell unwanted goods.